Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Kenny's Turn


One Sunday afternoon, Kenny was running home. It was a bright day. The kids were playing outside and there was laughter in the air. Tossing the ball around, and everyone was riding their bikes.

“I can’t wait ‘til it’s my turn!” thought Kenny.

Kenny could see the flowers and watch the leaves blowing in the sky. The fresh smell was making him happy. He ran down the path and spotted a ball on the grass.
The older boys ran by and picked up the ball and played keep-away from the other kids.

“I can’t wait ‘til it’s my turn!” whispered Kenny.

A colorful hummingbird darted past Kenny and behind him he could hear the rushing water of the creek. His tummy was making a sound too. Kenny ran up to his house and thought, “I wonder what mom is doing in the kitchen? I’ll go ask her.” Just when Kenny was about to ask his mom, his sister Cheryl ran by, and called, “Mom what are you doing?”

“I can’t wait ‘til it’s my turn!” thought Kenny disappointedly.

Kenny quietly walked into the kitchen because he did not want his sister to tease him. There was not anyone in the kitchen; the whole family must have gone into the dining room. There was a freshly baked fruit pie on the counter. “Yummy,” said Kenny. “I love pie!” suddenly, his sister Cheryl walked into the room and took the pie. Just then, Kenny heard voices laughing in the other room.

“I can’t wait ‘til it’s my turn!”

He stomped down the hall and followed the noise. Suddenly, Kenny heard his family shout, “Happy Birthday, Kenny.” His mother served Kenny an enormous piece of pie with homemade vanilla ice cream.

With a big smile, he said, “Now it’s my turn!” 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment