Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Patrick's Portobello Pizza

I enjoy bringing something unique to parties or functions that I have been invited to attend. My family tries to expand our knowledge of cooking as much as we can. I am not the guy who always delivers soft drinks to a party because that is all I can imagine bringing. Food has always interested me and I cannot remember the last time I had made the same menu for more than one week. I give in if my family wants tacos or something that is their favorite, but rarely do I get into that rut of having Tuesday tacos or Friday fritters.

This portobello pizza is delicious and if the pizza is cut into fourths, it makes a great appetizer. I like to use jarred pesto because it comes in a small container with a lid. After I use the jar, I wash it out and save it and the lid, so I know how much to make for the next time. 

Ingredients

6 large Portobello mushrooms, removing the stems and gills
Olive oil, for brushing
Kosher salt
Garlic pepper
1 cup store-bought pesto sauce
1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan

Directions

Preheat the grill to high heat.

Remove the bottom stem and gills from Portobello. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle the inside of each mushroom with salt and garlic pepper. Place the mushrooms on the grill bottom side up. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side rotating halfway through to achieve grill marks.

Mix the pesto, feta, and the ¼ cup Parmesan, and set aside.

Remove the Portobellos from the grill, placing the mushroom's bottom side up. Fill with your pesto and cheese mix. Top with your mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.
Return the mushrooms to the top rack or shelf of your barbecue, close the lid reduce heat to medium-high, and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Remove and place on a cutting board and cut into triangles like a pizza. Serve immediately.

This will become a family favorite
Patrick Tremblay

No comments:

Post a Comment