Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Salmon Burger Dinner


This burger is by far the most scrumptious entree I have made in ages. I am not one to prepare fish normally, but this was a spare of the moment attempt at making something different. I would never have tried this if it wasn't for my father-in-law and his regular fishing trips. 
I have tried Wahoo, Durado, Yellow fin tuna, Marlin, Maui Maui, shark, pike, and a few other fish I forget what they were called. This list only began after I was married. My previous equivalent was fish-sticks and a cod fillet if I had to eat fish for supper during Lent.
Here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. A nice paring was homemade chips and homemade coleslaw. A nice white wine or a chilled beer makes everything go down nicely.
Ingredients
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
3/4 cup Panko
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds salmon fillets, skinned and finely chopped
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray
Sesame Mayonnaise, recipe follows
8 buttered and toasted sandwich buns
8 lettuce leaves
8 slices tomato

Directions
In a medium bowl, combine peppers, Panko, garlic, and salmon.
In a small bowl, combine egg, soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt; add to pepper mixture, tossing gently to combine. Form mixture into 8 patties.

Lightly coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray.
Heat over medium-high heat until hot
Grill or cook patties, 5 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness.
Spread Sesame Mayonnaise evenly over toasted buns.
Top each with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, and salmon patty. 

Cover with tops of buns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment